What to do in Maldives for a memorable gateway?
Maldives, called as the Manhattan of the Indian Ocean, is a popular travel destination. It has more than a thousand splendid islands and the 26 coral atolls. Here are the top 10 things to do in Maldives for a memorable gateway-
- Snorkelling: Maldives is considered one of the world’s best places for snorkelling. It is the best time to visit Maldives as summer evokes memories of snorkelling. Reefs in Maldives are also not so deep. You don’t need to go deep into the sea to witness the marine beauty. The best part of Maldives is its crystal clear water.
- Island hopping: Hulhule Island offers a laid back getaway where people can enjoy a hassle-free holiday. Maldives consists of a chain of about 1,200 small coral islands and sandbanks. Exploring these islands is an activity one cannot miss.
- Dolphin Excursion: One of the nicest things to do in the Maldives is Dolphin tours. The best time to go for Dolphin tour is in the morning or afternoon as one can easily spot a dolphin during that time.
- Sunset cruise: Watching the last of the day disappear on a sunset cruise is a favourite activity of the tourists. They witness the beautiful views of the sunset during an hour-long cruise journey.
- Romantic dinners: Maldives is the favourite destination of the couples. Anyone can plan a candlelight dinner at a beach resort. Alimatha island is best for lovers. This is home to 96 incredible beach bungalows. A couple can also enjoy a sunset beach dinner. You can also plan a movie night with cocktails.
- Meet the locals: Tourists also meet with locals in Maldives to get a distinctive perspective of the place. Locals always welcome tourists with love and affection. Sometimes tourists also eat locally with local people.