Two positive cases in Tunisia, created voluntary fund dedicated to fighting the Covid-19

Last updated on February 27th, 2023 at 06:48 am

Tunis, 16 march 2020 – On Sunday, the Tunisian director of the Observatory of New and Emerging Diseases (OMNE) at the Ministry of Public Health, Nissaf Ben Alaya, announced two new positive cases for the COVID-19 coronavirus in the North-African country. The number increased from 18 to 20 cases. Nissaf Ben Alaya said that out of a total of 20 cases, 11 are imported from abroad. In addition, 9 cases were locally infected. The two new confirmed cases are two people 29 and 33 years old. The first is from the town of Kairouan in the central region while the second case is in the capital Tunis. They have returned from countries affected by this epidemic. Local authorities confirmed that these two individuals didn’t show symptoms of contamination on the day of their arrival in Tunisia. However, they were quarantined until confirmation of their coronavirus infection following laboratory tests. Blood samples were also taken to check the health of their relatives.

Also Read:- Why does Erdogan create a refugee crisis on the border with the EU?

Tunisia has created a voluntary fund dedicated to fighting the coronavirus outbreak and reducing its economic repercussions, the Ministry of Finance said in a note released on Sunday. Tunisia health sector infrastructure is weak and the Government suspended prayers at mosques, closed cafes from 16,00 local time and cancelled all cultural, sports and economic gatherings. Tunis also suspended all air connections with Italy and reduced to one flight for day to and from France, Germany, Algeria and Morocco. Tunis also decided to close its borders with Libya and ordered a quarantine of 15 days for foreigners visiting the country. Tunisia’s neighbour Algeria has registered 2 deaths for Covid-19, Egypt as well has recorded several cases. Libya didn’t record any case so far and the Prime Minister of the Tripoli based Government of National Accord (GNA) announced the closure of ports and land passing borders, and the suspensions of international air connections.

Read similar Coronavirus News
> UK’s Boris Johnson calls Saudi Crown Prince Salman to discuss coronavirus pandemic
> India proposes to raise emergency coronavirus fund to SAARC nations to battle the pandemic outbreak
> Chinese ambassador summoned to state department after statements by Chinese Foreign Ministry on the origin of coronavirus

Click here to Read More Middle East Latest news and Latest news on Africa

Why does Erdogan create a refugee crisis on the border with the EU?

Vanessa Tomassini

Recent Posts

48 Hours in Astoria: A Local’s Guide to Queens’ Most Vibrant Neighborhood

Astoria is the multicultural treasure of Queens that is ranked 2026 by the trending lists of Greek cuisine, street art,… Read More

February 19, 2026

Gold Medalist Scandal: Viral Video and XXL Gold Medalist Buzz Debunked

2026 On FB/Tik Tok, pinay Olympian Zyan Cabrera (Jerriel Cry4zee) was falsely alleged to have leaked intimate video in relation… Read More

February 19, 2026

Dario Amodei vs Sam Altman: What’s Sparking the AI Rivalry Trend Now

Their feud with Dario Amodei (Anthropic CEO) and Sam Altman (OpenAI CEO) broke out after the India AI Impact Summit… Read More

February 19, 2026

A Vision for the Middle East: Strengthening UAE Leadership and Regional Integration

The Middle East is going through a fundamental change in its geopolitics, which is no longer dominated by the old… Read More

February 19, 2026

US Senator Joni Ernst Debunks False Rumors Regarding UAE President’s Health

U.S. Senator Joni Ernst (R-IA) strangely denied rumors on social media on February 17, 2026, about the health of His… Read More

February 19, 2026

Top Rooftop Restaurants in Downtown Chicago

Skyline views, craft cocktails, and seasonal menus are served on rooftop restaurants in downtown Chicago, and on top of Loop/River… Read More

February 18, 2026

This website uses cookies.

Read More