India proposes to raise emergency Covid-19 fund to SAARC nations to battle the pandemic
On Sunday, India proposed raising an emergency fund to battle the coronavirus pandemic in South Asia, with New Delhi offering $10 million, and urged SAARC nations to join in. Lately, the amount of affirmed cases in India rose to 100.
PM Narendra Modi urged to SAARC pioneers via video conferencing that “Any of us can utilize the fund to meet the expense for immediate action,” including that India would likewise offer fast response teams and other specialists to manage the emergency.
Modi stated there were less than 150 cases in nations spanning the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Bhutan, the Maldives, Pakistan, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. However, the situation before us is uncertain. He stated, “This is the reason it would be important for us all to share our perspectives,” Reuters reported.
Also Read more News related to Asia Pacific
> Prime Minister of India calls for calm, after the number of clashes deaths raised to 20.
> First official visit in India for US president Donald Trump
> ICICI, SBI, Damini, Azim Premji Trust, and other investors to contribute Rs. 12,000 crores to bailout YES Bank
India’s Health Ministry reported on Sunday that the number of Covid-19 cases had ascended to 107, and increased around 23 from the day before, with a western state home to the nation’s financial capital the most severely hit.
“The number could rise as we are waiting for test reports of people who were in close contact with patients who have tested positive,” Health officials tested.
Delhi has reported 7 cases, Maharashtra 32, Kerala 22, Uttar Pradesh 12,
Haryana 14 respectively. Moreover, 234 Indian nationals have been evacuated from Iran on Sunday and have been brought to Jaisalmer and are kept under quarantine in the Indian Army Wellness Centre.
In Mumbai, the Bollywood film industry said that they would stop all work until March-end, the CEO of the Producers Guild of India, Kulmeet Makkar, told Reuters.
Also Read:- Another 200 terrorists previously transferred from Turkey to Libya reached Europe
India has already taken steps to check the spread by suspended most visas to the nation and closing down schools, colleges, and theaters, and have urged people to maintain personal hygiene and avoid large social gatherings.
Article Credit: The Reuters/India Today
Click here to Read More Latest Asia Pacific News
Another 200 terrorists previously transferred from Turkey to Libya reached Europe